Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Road Trip!

Thomas and I made our way to Kingston this past weekend to spend time with the family.  I love our trips home and I know Thomas does as well.  His favourite part of being in Kingston must be lunch at the pub with Grampa Mike and hanging out in the backyard with Gran.  Not to mention having a few cuddles with his aunts.  Mum and dads is very relaxing.  The time goes by far too quickly.  Mum and I had a chance to get a bite to eat at my favourite restaurant while Dad watched Thomas.  If you're ever in Kingston then I recommend WoodenHeads.  Order the chicken spring rolls and the Nona Mella pizza. You can't go wrong. Then head on over to White Mountain for the best ice-cream in the world!!  They make the waffle cones from scratch.  It smells heavenly.  I'm craving one now!



You can tell from this photo how much my dad (Grampa Mike) loves his grandson!! They are going to be very close.  Thomas already has joined the men in the garage for beers.  He brings his bottle of milk instead. :)

Ah, one of his favourite ways to pass the time is look up at the trees in the backyard.  Thomas is amazed at the light shining through, the rustling sound of the leaves and all the nature he doesn't get in Toronto.  Ha!

Thomas has began to play a little game we like to call drop and pick-up.  I was washing dishes and cleaning the kitchen while he played in his highchair.  I swear I must have picked up those two toys at least 20 times. He would look at me just as he is in this photo, put his hand to the side of the chair and drop the toy.  It was unbelievable.  Not sure if he's doing this on purpose or if he's just learning...

A little glamour shot of mom and Thomas.

Love this photo!  It captures Thomas completely.  I love you little man!

Aunt Kate and Thomas enjoyed a bit of hang time while I repaired Katie's shoes.  Will need to show you my magical skills at shoe design in another post.

Mum and Dad hosted a family dinner on Sunday for the Pentleton side of the family (mums side).  It was fantastic to see everyone and for them to visit with Thomas.  I wish we all lived closer because I really miss them.  

Unfortunately I didn't get any photos of dinner or any with Aunt Meg.  I'm learning to use the camera more but it's a slow process.    

Love you all and miss you all! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment