Friday, August 5, 2011

P90X

Ryan and I have started a program called P90X.  It's a hardcore workout routine that we do at home through a series of DVDs.  It's only day three and my muscles are exhausted!  We both admitted during the first (very intense) workout that we would have quit earlier if we were working out alone.  I'm so excited to be doing this with my hubby.  We'll be able to motivate one another to stay on track and it's active time spent together instead of on the couch eating frozen chocolate chips (they are incredibly yummy!) watching bad TV.

I've found it difficult getting back into pre-baby shape again.  Don't get me wrong.  I was never incredibly toned but I did have more muscle than I do now.  This workout is going to kick my butt.  It's exactly what I need to get fit.  We both want to be able to run around with Thomas as he gets older and not have to give the 'mommy and daddy are tired' excuse.  I also want to be in top shape before we have another child.  Family, don't get your hopes up too soon.  That won't be for a couple of years but we do hope for a second at some point.  Or it might just be me hoping.  Ryan isn't quite ready yet.  Ha!

So that's what Ryan and I are up to this week.  Wish us well and give me any tips you have to keep going through this three month process!

No comments:

Post a Comment