Tuesday, August 9, 2011

High Park Picnic

Yesterday Ryan and I took Thomas down to High Park (our old hood) for a stroll along Bloor West Village and picnic in the park.  It was a great day!  We've tried to do this a few times but have put it off because of the rain or heat.  Yesterday was perfect - a bit of cloud, sun and no rain!

Thomas took his first swing ride and loved it!  He kept looking at the ground smiling, while occasionally looking up at us with a smirk that said 'wow'.  It would be amazing to know what he's thinking.  The video I took isn't the best as I took it vertically.  Apparently it will only play horizontally.  Boo!!!  So you  get photos instead.



After Thomas' swing we sat down at a picnic bench to enjoy the lunch I packed - quinoa salad, hard boiled eggs and our favourite G2 (so healthy and yummy!).  It was the perfect lunch.  Both my guys with me, sitting in our favourite park in our old hood (which I miss VERY much) enjoying the delicious salad and then we are attacked!  Yes, attacked by wasps!  First it was one, two and then their friends were invited.  Let me tell you, we packed up faster than I can type this sentence.  I have never been stung and don't plan on it in this life-time.  Those little buggers are a small pesty fear of mine.  Pathetic... I know.

Here are a few photos of our day at the park.





No comments:

Post a Comment