Monday, July 25, 2011

A night out with Thomas

Before Thomas was born I was determined to set a routine and get him sleeping through the night as early as possible!  I told everyone I knew about a book (recommended by my friend Jane of triplets - let's be honest, if it worked for her it will work for anyone!) called Twelve Hours of Sleep by Twelve Weeks by Suzy Giordano.  It was a quick 1 hour read and got me on the road to pure sleep bliss!  Thomas began a bedtime routine around 11 weeks and was sleeping through the night (7pm-7am) by 15 weeks.

The entire point to that story is that for the last 3 1/2 months we have had a strict bedtime routine.  Refusing to break it as we love our free time at night and LOVE sleeping through the night.  However, this does prevent us from going anywhere together past 6pm.  Saturday night was the first time we attempted to put Thomas to sleep at a friends house (they hosted a BBQ) and move him to his own bed later in the evening.  It went perfectly!  Thomas was asleep in the playpen by 7pm - as usual.  He started to toss and turn around 10:30pm so we decided it was the perfect opportunity to move him into his carseat and head home. He loved this sleep intermission.  Wide awake and smiling the entire way home!  I was nervous he wouldn't fall asleep again BUT he did! :)

Thanks mom for giving me the push I needed to do this.  We won't make it a habbit but it's good to know he can fall asleep somewhere other than his crib.  Yeah!!

On another note, here is a video of Thomas.  He spends about 20 mintues in this a day and loves every minute of it!!  I try to limit it so he works on his crawling.  The exersaucer is a treat. :)  Sorry about the quality of video.

 
Here is Thomas with his cousin Stella today.  They adore one another.  As soon as we sat them down Thomas reached out to touch Stella.  It was adorable!



That's all for tonight folks.  My internet and computer are very slow so I'll update more tomorrow.  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment